What are wax vaporizers?
Wax vaporizers are more commonly known as wax pens or wax vaporizer pens. They come in different sizes – pen, desktop, portable, and other styles.
How do wax vaporizers work?
Using a wax vaporizer is quite easy. All you have to do is push a button-down to start using it. The wax is heated through a convection or conduction heating method. The wax is placed on the coil of the wax vaporizer. While the coil heats up, it creates a vapor from the wax. Users inhale the vapor through the mouthpiece of the wax vaporizer. Wax vaporizers use batteries as their power source. The battery comes with settings that the user can use according to their preferences.
What can you use on wax vaporizers?
There are different kinds of concentrates and each one requires a different method of care and maintenance:
- Oil – this is the most common concentrate that people use when vaping. They are very easy to scoop using a dapper. All you have to do is scrape it and then place a portion on the dab coil.
- Crumble – crumble wax can be hard to handle so you need to be diligent about it. When you dab it on the coil, make sure that you do not handle the wax roughly.
- Shatter – When using shatter for wax vaporizers, it is advised that you use your fingers if you are having a hard time using the tool to dab.
How much wax should you use?
The right amount of load affects the quality of the vapor and flavor you get. The first thing that you should remember is to not load too much wax on the chamber or you will just be overpacking it. Overpacking can cause wax vaporizers to the short circuit because you are overloading the coil. This can cause the coil to give out and cause your wax vaporizers to stop functioning. But if you have a wax vaporizer with a deep chamber, you can place more than the usual weight of concentrates.
How to clean your wax vaporizers
Cleaning is a very important part of maintaining your wax vaporizers. Cleaning it regularly prevents clogging and ensures that you get good-quality vapor. Take note that the main parts you need to clean is the chamber and the mouthpiece – these are areas where clogging usually occur. Here are some tips about cleaning wax vaporizers that you should always keep in mind:
- Make sure that you disassemble the unit properly before you start to clean anything.
- To clean the battery, use a cotton ball that is dabbed lightly in isopropyl alcohol.
- Always take great care when it comes to cleaning the atomizer. The coil can get brittle with every use and in time, poking it can cause it to break.
- Scrape the sides using the scraper or dab tool that comes along with your wax vaporizer kit. Make sure that you scrape everything off. Before cleaning, you can light the coil for a second to heat up and turn the wax to liquid for easier cleaning.
- Clean any visible residues or dirt from your mouthpiece. Then let it sit in water between 5 and 10 minutes. After that, rinse again and clean using isopropyl alcohol.